Tuesday, December 6, 2011

21

The photo challenge for today was to photograph a childhood memory. In my case, nothing takes me back more than my old illustration books. My favorite was always The Gardener, and if I were to choose a childhood "novel" it would have been the beautiful Esperanza Rising by Pamela Anderson.

One of the highlights of The Gardener were its beautiful illustrations:







One of the things I've always thought must be beautiful about motherhood is teaching your children how to read. The difference between the a in cat and baby, the books that they must read, reading illustration books together before going to bed, commenting on books when they're older, hear their delight of having finished their first big book, and cuddling up together to read during the winter.

At least I'm fishing out memories of my childhood experience of learning how to read.


Thanks for passing by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...